Monday, September 20, 2010

The Long and Winding Road



My only duty on Saturday was to pick John up at the airport, on his way home from Paris, at 8:40 that evening. Don't feel sorry for me, it was business. I'm still licking my wounds from the whole Junk Bonanza deal.

You know what? I remembered that my pal Jeanine from Chippy Shabby was going to have a booth at a flea market in Germantown. I called her up, she said it was small, but I knew that if I drove the three hours directly to her, I could spend the rest of my day junking and exploring the country side back to the Green Bay airport.
Woo-hoo!I knew that if I left at the crack of dawn, I could get there right before it opened. Jeanine always has the best finds and I would never hesitate to go to one of her many sales because I know she has just what I want.
So, I didn't leave at the crack of dawn, but I did get there in time to snag some great items.

Above is Jeanine chatting it up with a customer.
Jeanine has a fabulous blog. She updates frequently and is always showing new display ideas, so click here to check it out... you'll love it!

A vintage chandelier that I'm still wondering why I left it there.


Another lovely chandie (I've noticed some people calling them chandies's... trying to stay with the IN crowd).


Here are my scores from Jeanine, not looking like much but you just wait! They will be making a very special appearance at our holiday show Oct. 23rd.


After some weird stops in odd towns, I knew that I would enjoy Plymouth, WI where the Red Rooster was located. I did score and you will have to wait for the Oct. show.
I will tell you to be sure and visit this shop as there is so much to see, and the prices are very reasonable.


I did pick up hubby and we spent the night in Green Bay so we could just have a nice dinner and relax rather than hoofing it back to DC. I had a hard time finding a room, but we got a decent one with a restaurant and bar.... where we proceeded to share it with partiers and revelers going to the Packer game the next day.
Let me just leave you with this unromantic idea... A couple got off of the elevator and we heard someone say, "no problem, brother"... we got on and and a middle aged man in Packer gear from head to toe, asked which floor we wanted to go to, and when I told him it took him quite some time to focus on which button I was speaking of.
Needless to say, I stayed in the corner of the elevator praying that we got out before he tossed his good time all over our feet.
So the next morning, I remembered that I had googled antiques is WI and remember the one above.

We spent big bucks on just the outside!


This isn't a great pic, but this sweet lady is the owner. This mall had fantastic things at really good prices.
Here's another thing with me... when I go into antique malls, it always seems that the people working are just a little more than cranky. Even when I see great items, a cool clerk can really turn me off.
This woman was a gem. Happy to help, happy we were there and just delightful all around.
We bought a-plenty!


Yep, it's mine.



And see the mixers below? John had a great idea... more to come soon!

3 Comments:

Blogger julie miller said...

Hi Angie, It was so nice to finally meet you at the flea Sat. and thanks for visiting my booth! I am so glad you found the Red Rooster too!! I'd be curious to see if you bought anything of mine- HA!! Looks like you really found some great stuff that day!! Take care and hope to see you again soon. Julie

September 20, 2010 at 6:29 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Hi Angie! I'm also in denial about missing Junk Bonanza --we are both losers -ha ha!.. can't wait to see your new treasures and what surprises your MIXIN up for us!

Sharon

September 20, 2010 at 6:44 PM  
Blogger ChiPPy-SHaBBy said...

Helloooo Angie... Thanks Sooooo Much for your kind words!*!*! - Just a Joy to chat with you on Saturday... I'm curious about THE MIXERS??? AND I most certainly want to find out WHERE ELSE you went antiquing...
Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!

September 20, 2010 at 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home