Monday, August 9, 2010

Phew!

Well. After the big trunk show, (which by the way was a blissful day, and more to come) we headed straight to St Paul to see this guy,
Danny.
He is my oldest son.
We had an old, but great sofa to deliver to him. This young man graduated from Hamline University, May of 2008.
At the graduation ceremony, all of us were there, including both sets of grand parents.
So proud to watch him walk the stage and get his diploma.
I'll never forget the Hamline President's speech in which she noted that this was the worst time in history to graduate from college.
Hmm... true.

We moved to Door County when Danny was seven years old.

We thought that if it didn't work, we could always move back to Chicago, or Texas.

Danny was welcomed by a small, yet rather ambitious second grade class, and Mrs.
Woerful made certain that he sat next to Kurt L., who would take good care of him.

He did.

All these years later, Danny is living in St Paul, trying his best not to return to Door County.

Dan's making it happen.
The above picture is taken at the restaurant he works at, Uptown Cafeteria and Support Group.

I couldn't be more proud of him.
Growing up in Door County teaches you a work ethic like no other.
You have four months to make a living.
The other thing you learn is that life can take you in all kinds of creative directions.

Danny mowed golf courses, washed dishes, made pizzas and then some.

A lot of you remember all those years ago when he ran the cash register from time to time, at the shop.

Anyway, here he is making his way, and I couldn't be more proud.











1 Comments:

Blogger Jan Thomason said...

geez, i can't believe it's taken me soooo long to get over here after your sweet comments on my blog post, I Need To Apologize.
So, I'm going to apologize here. LOL

Okay,you simply must tell me about Door County (I think it was DOOR county). Where is that and why can you only work 4 months out of the year. I'm confused (shocking).

And, I feel a connection with you now that I didn't before because you cried *with me* as I put Ben down.
Then the ferrel cat that you adopted. I had a big smile on my face when I read that. Is she still around and now sleeping at the foot of your bed??

hope you're having a wonderful week, jan

August 10, 2010 at 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home