Thursday, January 7, 2010

Vintage Nest of Door County

This is the newest and most exciting event coming up shortly!
If you read my blog, you know about the "Occasional Sales" I've been slightly obsessed with.
Well, we've decided to start our own right here in Door County!

My friends Katie and Carol and I are enthralled with the hunt for treasures as well as displaying them in new ways.  We have been in cahoots for years now about great flea markets, garage sales, stuff on the side of the road and all these great vintage shows that are all over Minnesota.

We've decided to quit the talk and walk the walk!  We've in invited a fourth friend and are ready to put on the show.

I think we may be crazy to have the show in February, but frankly we just can't wait.  This is a good time for us to work out the kinks before we take this show on the road.  That's not to say we won't have fabulous displays and incredible treasures for sale, but to get our feet wet a quieter time is better.... all the more treasure for you!

The location is a dream.  If you are familiar with Sturgeon Bay, you will remember where Jefferson Street Antiques used to be, next door to Monticello.  The owners are retired and have graciously let us take over for two weeks.
The building is incredible and each of us is taking over a space to design in the way the each of us does.
I think you will enjoy the spring theme and the unique touch that each vendor brings.

The vendor list will change as well as the location throughout the year as some of us have "businesses" to run during other months, but as of now we're thinking of April as our next hurrah.  The Vintage Nest of DC will also participate in the annual Viva's Vintage Market.
We have also secured a FABULOUS Door County Barn to hold a show that will happen during warmer weather.

So for now, I truly hope to see you at the show, knowing you are in for a treat,  and I will pop up little teasers for you!

Be sure to follow us on Face Book as well.

Now, I have to go and vacuum all the Martha Stewart glitter that is all over my kitchen.  I am humbled and reminded that I BUY handmade, I don't DO it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home