Friday, October 8, 2010

Viva la Winter Wonderland!


I hope you can join us Saturday the 23rd, when we will have spent the previous five days with the doors closed, transforming the shop into a holiday feast for the eyes!
Can you imagine that last January I was at market buying for this show?
We have three distinct rooms this year, with new touches all around the shop.

This year you'll be greeted in the front with a cheerful and bright red and white theme.
Up the steps we're conjuring up the idea of New Year's Eve in Paris.

That's enough of a tease for now.

We're in the throws of Pumpkin Patch Weekend, so you know what that means... well, I'll leave you with a quote from a friend of mine that made me chuckle today:

"Pumpkin Patch in Egg Harbor this weekend. Fall Fest in Sister Bay next weekend. People are arriving by the bus-loads. Cars turning left, when signaling right. Goats on roof tops and Friday night fish. God help us all".

Don't forget, the 23rd.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gracie's Cottage said...

hahahaha! What a perfect description of autumn in DC.
(Wish we were there!)

Jan

P.S. Can't wait to see photos of 'Christmas'!

October 8, 2010 at 5:44 PM  
Blogger Vintage Etsy Society Street Team said...

I wanna be there! I think we are escaping tonight heading up for an overnight...then back to the real world tomorrow!

LOVe that description! I think, in my early days visiting dc, I may have put on a couple of wrong signals myself!

my husband and I are longing for the days we can spend living in dc!!! it is foremost on our minds! it is what is driving us forward! we have a 5 year countdown!!!
martha

October 10, 2010 at 7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IF they signal at all!
Gotta love the tourists.

Weekends like this are so great for people watching and life observations.

October 12, 2010 at 5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home